Biking

Public - Active 3 weeks ago

Biking

Adaptive Clothing and Gear for Cycling!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    on

Hey cyclers!
    I’m Tracy, an adaptive clothing designer, adaptive kayak guide, and founder of Vollbrecht Adaptive Consulting. One of Vollbrecht Adaptive Consulting’s goals is to make adaptive performance apparel and gear more widely available so that athletes of all levels have easy access to products that work for them and don’t have to hack or customize existing products.

Is there any cycling specific gear or apparel you wish you had? Is there any non-adaptive apparel or gear that you’ve found already works well for you or is easily modified to work?

Would love to chat with anyone that has thoughts they want to share around adaptive cycling clothing and gear!
    Tracy

PS – If you saw this similar post in another sport-specific forum, please bear with me! Hoping to reach as many people as possible across as many sports as possible.

Replies

I haven’t found that I need special adaptive clothing for handcycling. A traditional bicycling jersey triggers Autonomic Dysreflexia in me, but I get the recumbent style bicycling jersey. I don’t need the cycling bib, regular shorts or tights (more leg protection) work just fine. Other people’s mileage may vary.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Active Project

Site by Scout Digital