California

Public - Active 1 month, 3 weeks ago

For all things California. Start conversations, or feel free to request sub-categories for popular topics!

Bay Area Adaptive Sports Cycling

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    on

Hi,my name is Cynthia Noonan, a C6 quadriplegic living in the California Bay Area. After my paralysis in 2007, I had no idea what options were open to me to get exercise that wasn’t physical therapy. I was introduced to BORP’s cycling center in 2008 and after my first ride around the lake, I was hooked! Cycling with BORP not only allowed me to do something FUN outside, but I was introduced to this awesome community. I invite everyone to check out BORP’s cycling center!

The BORP Adaptive Cycling Center in Berkeley hosts one of the largest collections of adaptive bikes in the world, including handcycles, recumbent bikes, side-by-side tandems, and other models. The Center serves children, youth and adults with physical disabilities and visual impairments, as well as their family and friends.
    The Center is located near a quiet bike path in Aquatic Park, which connects with the San Francisco Bay Trail, allowing extensive cycling opportunities. Adaptive cycling means that everyone, regardless of physical disability, can engage in exhilarating exercise while experiencing the beauty and inspiration of the outdoors. Thursday- Saturday 9am-5pm. 80 Boliver drive, Berkeley, CA. Call or email to make an appointment. cycling@borp.org or 510.848.2930

BORP Adaptive Sports and Recreation is a community-defined organization since 1975, created and sustained by and for people with disabilities. We offer extensive programming that includes team sports, virtual and in person fitness programs, accessible cycling and kayaking, and arts and recreation outings. BORP fosters healthy exercise, independence and empowerment, human connection, and belonging to youth and adults with disabilities throughout the Bay Area and beyond.

Replies

Hopefully I will raise the extra cash for my hand cycle with gofundme

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Active Project

Site by Scout Digital