Golf

Public - Active 1 month, 2 weeks ago

Golf

Adaptive Golf

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    on

Hello everyone, my name is Max Togisala. I am a T-12 complete paraplegic. I was injured in a skiing accident on February 19th, 2022. I have been with the KBF community since 2022 when they gave me my first grant. I am so happy, I have found a community around me in the Northen Utah area. I have been able to build relationships and play adaptive sports. I have find so much joy in playing these adaptive sports.

My main focus is adaptive golf.
    I recently just won the U.S. Adaptive Open at Pinehurst in North Carolina. I broke the record for the lowest round played in a wheelchair. I shot 2 under par a 70. I play from a machine called the VertaCat. The VertaCat is a mobility device that is designed to stand me up to a position to swing the golf club. I am growing the game of golf here in Northern Utah by teaching adaptive golf clinics. In these clinics we allow people to try the machines out and teach them how to golf. I have been playing golf my whole life and it’s my passion to show people that golf is a life long sport you can play whether you’re in a wheelchair, blind, amputee, or you just have a passion to play golf. Our next adaptive clinic will be October 28th in Salt Lake City. Come out and have some fun!
    Instagram bio: mad.max42

Replies

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Active Project

Site by Scout Digital