Hiking

Public - Active 1 month, 2 weeks ago

Hiking

Hello from GRIT Freedom Chair!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    on

Hi there! Saying hello from GRIT, home of the all-terrain GRIT Freedom Chair. I’m thrilled about this hiking forum and am happy to connect with anyone who’d like to chat. I’ll share a bit about our chairs below! If you’re up for leaving a comment, I’d love to hear: What do you look for in a hike? And what equipment do you use when you go hiking?

What is the GRIT Freedom Chair?
    The GRIT Freedom Chair is a manual, lever-driven wheelchair designed for hikes both big and small. It features rugged and interchangeable mountain bike components, a patented lever propulsion system, three adult sizes, and two youth sizes. The GRIT Freedom Chair started years ago in a mechanical engineering program at MIT; it is now helping folks make three-wheeled tracks over trails all around the world.

I’ve been personally fortunate to hike in Colorado, Texas, Vermont, Oregon, Minnesota, and beyond. Two GRIT hiking moments I’ll always keep close: Joining a fleet of GRIT Freedom Chair hikers through a winding, woodsy trail near Knoxville, TN; and push-assisting a friend to the summit of Mount Greylock, the highest point in Massachusetts,

Interested in trying out a GRIT Freedom Chair?
    Organizations across the USA and beyond have GRIT Freedom Chairs for you to try out. For example, Summit Adaptive Sports in Connecticut (https://www.summitadaptive.org/) has a wonderful team and a fleet of GRIT chairs ready to roll.

If you’d like help finding a GRIT demo location near you, let me know where you call home and I’ll send some options!

Replies

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2024 Active Project

Site by Scout Digital